Londonderry, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
- £ 60000 - 70000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 11 Sep 2019
- 11 Oct 2019
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
The Hospital's cardiac unit is one of the largest specialist private cardiac units in the UK, and an HCA centre of excellence.
Some of the nation's most distinguished cardiologists and cardiac surgeons lead its specialist medical teams, performing ground-breaking procedures every day such as trans-catheter aortic valve implantations (TAVI) and closure of ASD/PFO for patients at risk of stroke.
We're equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including a new 'hybrid' catheter lab and theatre and a dedicated cardiac catheter and electrophysiological lab. We also have a full respiratory function laboratory to assess sleep and breathing studies, and the unit is supported by two adult intensive care units.
Making this a fantastic environment for junior doctors to excel in their medical careers
We have an exciting opportunity for SPR Level trained doctor, the role of the Specialist RMO is to conduct daily review of all patients admitted to out cardiac unit, assisting our specialist consultant and nursing staff in all aspects of medical care, from admission to discharge. Reviewing and monitoring unwell or unstable on the unit, alongside a member of the nursing staff, and communicate relevant information to the named consultant as necessary.
* Contract can either be permanent or for 1 year fixed term contract to the choice of the applicant.
* Full Time is 40 hours per week, range of shifts across both weekdays & weekends determined by rota.
* Part-time hours are also available minimum 24 hours per week
* Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan work-life balance.
The attractive rewards packages includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD's, MD and MScs are available.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* You will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff for all Cardiac patients, pre op and post op, to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered
* Monitoring any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
* Supporting new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, Clerking patients and new drug chart and inform the named consultant of the patient's arrival.
* To accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request.
* To perform routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required, i.e. venepuncture, drawing blood cultures, peripheral IV cannulation, arterial and venous blood gas sampling, tube insertions and urethral catheter insertion, and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
* Conducting cardiac specialist test and scans relating to the heart and blood vessel.
You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience:
* MBBS medical qualification
* An additional post-graduate qualification MRCP or MRCS is desirable
* Doctors must be the equivalent level of ST4 and/or above in Cardiology
* Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
* Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
* Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
To find out more about the role, please call us on +44(0)203 862 0349, email email@example.com or click the apply button and we'll get back to you.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 0 - 0 Per yearFull timePermanentLondonderry, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Emergency Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow with CESR training Location: London SKYPE Interviews: 27th September 2019 Company descrip...