Senior Radiographer and RPS
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 11 Sep 2019
- 11 Oct 2019
We are currently sourcing for a Senior Radiographer and RPS to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Radiology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will work closely with the Department Manager and other Radiology Department staff, as part of an integrated team to ensure the delivery of clinically safe, high quality services to patients and users of the service. You will act as a deputy for the Radiology Service Manager as well as undertake all radiographic duties efficiently and to a high standard, and to adhere to and work within the professional codes of conduct for Radiographers.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £39,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Clinical and Professional
• To undertake all radiographic duties efficiently and to a high standard.
• To adhere to and work within the professional codes of conduct for Radiographers
• To be conversant with all routine procedures in general x-ray, dental, mobile and theatre radiography
• Develop cross sectional expertise in CT cone beam for dental and facial photography.
• To maintain patients record for all examinations as per department protocol
• To check patient identification and documentation, and assure appropriate radiographic examinations are carried out in accordance with departmental protocols and clinical requests
• To report and record all equipment faults
• To ensure communication with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the smooth running of the department
• To participate in clinical audit specific to Radiology
• To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant Radiographic disciplines
• To take personal responsibility for the quality of his/her professional imaging duties
• To maintain patient confidentiality at all times
• To understand the obligation to maintain fitness to practice
• To be able to use research, reasoning and problem solving skills in delivery of the service
• To be able to audit, reflect on and review practice.
• To ensure that the Radiation Protection guidelines, IR(ME)R guidelines and local rules are adhered to at all times
• To participate in the on-call rota or any negotiated system of extended hours which may be introduced
• To ensure at all times, the accurate maintenance of adequate patient, equipment and technical records
Radiation Protection Supervisor
• Point of Contact for all Radiation Safety queries
• Review compliance with national governing body and update department in conjunction with Radiology Manager.
• Lead for QA programme in Devizes and Emersons Green Treatment Centre.
• To produce annual/monthly audits relation to radiation safety.
• Complete all radiation safety documentation to a high standard which will include annual RPS report, audit reports, training records and staff declarations.
• Attend Care UK Radiation Protection Committee meetings
• Co ordinate radiation safety with hospital departments such as Theatre, OPD, In patient wards.
Skills & Experience
• 2 years post graduate general Radiography experience.
• Evidence of recent completion of BLS resuscitation skills, manual handling and fire evacuation/safety courses.
• Experience within the acute hospital sector
• Experience in General Radiography, theatre, mobile and dental radiography.
• Good general education
• BSc in Radiography or DCR (Diploma of College of Radiographers) or equivalent
• Registration with the HCPC
• Evidence of continuous professional development
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arr
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and the major teaching and rese...