Senior Clinical Pharmacist Paediatric Liver Disease
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 11 Sep 2019
- 10 Oct 2019
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
The Women’s and Children’s Divisional pharmacy team are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist for a Paediatric Liver Disease 8A position.
The Variety Club Children’s hospital is contained within King’s College Hospital and provides the following services; a national paediatric liver and bowel transplant centre, a national paediatric CF centre, regional neonatal and paediatric neurosurgery centres and general paediatrics services to the local community. We also provide the following Women’s services: Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Urogynaecology, Assisted Conception and Early Pregnancy Unit.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated pharmacist with a paediatric clinical pharmacy background and enthusiasm for Women and Children’s Clinical Pharmacy Services. The successful applicant will be expected to be a team player with excellent communication skills and sufficient experience as a registered pharmacist including relevant hospital pharmacy experience. The post holder will work as part of a dedicated pharmacy team to deliver a high quality, cost effective clinical pharmacy service to the Paediatric Liver Disease patients within the Variety Club Children’s hospital.
Additional key activities of the post holder will be to:
- Ensure a high level of clinical pharmacy input to Paediatric Liver Disease, and other specialist areas in conjunction with Team Leader
- Participate in multidisciplinary ward rounds delivering and promoting high quality, cost-effective, patient-focused pharmaceutical care
- Set up, provide and develop pharmaceutical services through a prescribing role in Paediatric Liver Disease
- Assist with the development of a service to provide immunosuppressant medication to post transplant paediatric patients
- Provide answers to medication related queries from patients, carers, and other healthcare professionals
- Work closely with the clinical nurse specialist shared care team, ensuring patients are able to obtain their medication effectively and safely
- Develop, implement and audit local and shared care guidelines
- Assist in financial reporting on drug usage, expenditure forecasting, and drug budget management
- Liaise with the formulary team, finance team, other hospitals and patients and their carers to ensure timely, safe, cost effective, clinically appropriate medication supply
- Educate and train healthcare professionals within and outside the Trust relating to medicine use in Paediatric Liver Disease.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th September
Interview Date: W/C 7th October
For further details / informal visits contact:
Helen Cooper, Principal Pharmacist for Women’s and Children’s on Apply or Applyex35723; or Gavin Miller, Deputy Director of Pharmacy Applyex31494
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its pre
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 57 jobs https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/jobs/health/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Pharmacist in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
With a turnover of £1.4 billion and a workforce of around 16,000, Barts Health is the largest NHS trust in the country, and one of ...
£ 50,000 - 50,000 Per yearFull timePermanentKensington and Chelsea, London, Greater London, England
Independent Prescribing Pharmacist - Digital Healthcare Kensington, South West London £50,000 per annum ...