Bank Dental Nurse
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 14 Aug 2019
- 13 Sep 2019
To provide safe and effective telephone advice, health assessment, onward referral and information to the callers who have been identified as having a dental problem.
To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team in providing quality, evidence-based health care to meet the immediate needs of the patient.
To take an active role within the cross-disciplinary, multi-skilled team to ensure service quality in line with corporate goals and strategy, and to assist in the development of new models for service delivery that have a positive impact on the health economy.
Clinical Hub Manager
• Be responsible and accountable for assessing health and / or social needs of patients using agreed clinical protocols and clinical guidelines.
• Manage telephone calls from patients, undertake an assessment of the presenting concerns, and give advice as appropriate and making timely decisions regarding future management.
• Advise patients to carry out self-care through the effective communication of evidence-based health care advice or refer to other service providers where necessary.
• Facilitate clear patient pathways through primary, community, secondary and tertiary care.
• Support other clinicians, or liaise with other specialised clinicians to provide the most appropriate outcome for the patient.
• Keep accurate and immediate records of every interaction, including assessment and advice given regarding patient care.
• Hold a virtual case load and be accountable for delivery and integrated, quality patient care
• Manage all calls in a controlled and professional manner and treat patients with empathy, respect and consideration.
• Assist in the education of patients in the correct use of primary care and emergency care services and other health care related organisations.
• Support the achievement of quality standards and performance levels relevant to the service.
• Carry out audit activities on an ongoing basis to ensure continuous development and improvement of a quality service in line with the clinical governance agenda.
• Maintain and develop clinical competence and knowledge of care delivery within Primary Care setting using both formal and informal training methods.
• Ensure that Care UK policies and procedures are followed.
• Be conversant and fully comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
• Comply with all policies and regulations relating to clinical governance and patient confidentiality
• Attend meetings and training sessions as requested
• Keep abreast of changes in services provided by the Call Centre/clinical hub.
• Identify potential service improvement opportunities and make recommendations as necessary.
• Work with service leads to improve quality standards and team performance across the range of services provided.
• Promote effective communication and networking within the team.
• Assist with covering sessions where necessary.
• Participate in duties as designated by the Bridge or IUC Hub Clinical Lead during peak times.
• Take a person centred approach to service delivery, based on clear understanding and experience of the modes for service delivery.
• Incorporate the Dental nurses role in health education within the unscheduled care environment.
Skills & Experience
• Provide a holistic package of care to patients whilst working within a multi-agency team
• Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Experience of working within a multi-professional / multi-agency environment.
• National Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3 or Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3 or equivalent
• Registered with the General Dental Council
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 10 - 13 Per hourFull timePermanentIslington, London, Greater London, England
GDC Registered Dental Receptionist required in Islington N1, London Full time, Private practiceJob SettingMy client requires a GDC ...