Greater London, England
- £ 60000 - 70000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 13 Aug 2019
- 12 Sep 2019
Location: The Harley Street Clinic, London
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £60000-£70000 dependent upon skills and experience.
At The Harley Street Clinic we provide a range of complex care services for patients, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neurosciences for adults, children and babies. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques for treating cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients.
Were proud to work with expert, world-class clinicians, who also work in the UKs highly respected NHS teaching hospitals. Our consultants are at the top of their field and as a Specialist RMO you will benefit from their wide range of skills and experience. Our leading consultant cardiologists, Surgeons and specialist nurses carry out pioneering work, aided by highly advanced medical technology. We offer the full range of surgical and cardiac treatments, from diagnostic tests for congenital defects to surgery for those with the most serious heart conditions.
We have an exciting opportunity for SpR Level trained doctor seeking to advance their medical career in private healthcare across our Cardiac wards. The role of the Specialist RMO is to conduct daily review of patients who are currently unwell or unstable on the unit, alongside a member of the nursing staff, and communicate relevant information to the named consultant as necessary.
* Contract can either be permanent or for 1 year fixed term contract to the choice of the applicant.
* Full Time is 40 hours per week, range of shifts across both weekdays & weekends determined by rota.
* Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan work-life balance.
Our attractive rewards packages includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD's, MD and MScs are available.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* You will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff for all Cardiac patients, pre op and post op, to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered
* Monitoring any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
* Supporting new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, Clerking patients and new drug chart and inform the named consultant of the patient's arrival.
* To accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request.
* To perform routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required, i.e. venepuncture, drawing blood cultures, peripheral IV cannulation, arterial and venous blood gas sampling, tube insertions and urethral catheter insertion, and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
* You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience:
* MBBS medical qualification
* An additional post-graduate qualification MRCP or MRCS is desirable
* Doctors must be the equivalent level of ST3 and/or above in Cardiology patients is advantageous
* Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice
* Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
* Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 60,000 - 80,000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Regional Business Development Manager - Diagnostics London & Manchester £60,000 - £80,000 + Bonus + Car Allowance...
£ 50,000 - 50,000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Interim Peripatetic/Quality Manager - Elderly Nursing Homes - RGN/RMN Up to £50,000 p/a plus company car London and the South East ...
£ 35,000 - 40,000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Senior Medical Personal Assistant – Private Clinic £35,000 - £40,000 Central London Full Time Remit ...