Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult Community Psychiatry. Community Mental Health Team £76,001 - £102,465 pro rata dependant on seniority. 10 PAs post and 6 PA post available subject to agreed negotiation of a job plan.
Are you interested in a position working for an award-winning Community Interest Company that uses their profits for good?
This none for profit organisation delivers NHS contracts, offering mental and physical healthcare to people in Plymouth and surrounding areas, operating in a similar way to GPs, pharmacies and Dentists. This Community Interest Company is proud to be different. They offer an end to end healthcare service including help at home and clinics, constantly re-investing to ensure the best possible service delivery is available. The organisation offers attractive salaries, flexible working and incentives to ensure they can attract candidates who are looking for a good life/work balance. They are CQC audited and are proud of the career development they can offer their team members.
- The Community Mental Health teams (CMHT) provide coordinated community psychiatric care, for adults of working age, across four GP based, geographic localities within Plymouth. The localities are co-terminus with Social Services.
- The post offers comprehensive psychiatric assessments for patients with complex mental health issues, and ensures that patients who require ongoing support and treatment from secondary mental health services, receive appropriate care and treatment.
- You will be expected to where appropriate, to take the lead, in risk management and other multi-professional meetings concerning patients within your catchment area. Participation in the psychiatric Consultant on-call duty rota which is 1:12. This rota covers both general adult, elderly psychiatric patients as well as Learning Disabilities.
- An interest in research and a willingness to supervise trainees will be encouraged.
- The organisation will expect you to take an active interest in management. The Consultant will work alongside the Locality Manager to ensure smooth functioning of the service.
Essential Criteria for application:
- Inclusion on Specialist Register in Psychiatry at the time of taking up the post. (Specialist Registrars applying in advance must be within six months of their CCT at the point of being interviewed).
- Eligibility for Section 12 and Approved Clinician Approval. Knowledge of Mental Health legislation Ability to apply evidence based approach to management of clinical problems
The organisation is in a position to offer Certificate of Sponsorship for tier 2 visa Why consider living and working in Plymouth?
Plymouth is known as England's only ocean city. It has sustained economic investment, and beautiful country side. It offers water sports, restaurants, a great shopping centre and good schools. For more information and to discuss this post in more detail pleaseclick apply. I hope to hear from you soon and look forward to discussing this unique opportunity with you in more detail.