I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Extended Scope Physiotherapist
Full or Part Time ( permanent )
Salary in line with Band 6/7 (Depending on Experience)
We are looking to recruit an extended scope practitioner for our Bedford Physiotherapy service. We are a single hub for MSK services across the Bedfordshire region. This places us in charge of organising the system and integrating all the providers around a central service. Any patient requiring treatment for MSK is referred to our service for specialist triage by their GP; they are sent on to the right care. The patients are then offered choice over who provides the service, being able to choose which hospital they attend.
About the Role
This role will enhance the experience of the MSK service for all patients to ensure a fast, efficient pathway that works across the patient's journey, the clinician's input into the service and the administration of the service.
* To work as an ESP within the MSK service alongside other clinicians such as fellow ESPs, GPwSIs and consultants.
* To undertake highly specialised & comprehensive neuro-musculoskeletal assessments, of routine and complex patients.
* To form accurate diagnoses, management plans and prognosis, using advanced clinical reasoning skills, knowledge of best current clinical and evidence based practice and assimilation/interpretation of clinical diagnostic tests
* To independently and appropriately refer for diagnostic procedures such as MRI, USS, X-Ray and NCS (after appropriate training/supervision if necessary)
* To refer patients onto appropriate specialities within primary and secondary care
* To be able to independently administer joint and soft tissue injections (or willing to work towards such a skill)
* To communicate effectively and professionally with patients and medical colleagues regarding assessment, management and treatment choices
* Contribute to, and participate in, on-going development/IST within the MSK team
* To produce timely and detailed clinical reports to other relevant healthcare professionals involved in the patients care
* To organise and manage appropriate delegation of admin work to the admin team
* To participate, and be proactive, in undertaking regular clinical audits of the service as required by the lead clinician
Whilst this is a full time vacancy, part-time applicants will be considered.
* 5 years post graduate experience with minimum 3 years within a MSK setting
* Member of HPC and CSP
* Degree/diploma in physiotherapy
* Evidence of relevant post grad qualifications/study at Masters level
* Evidence of on-going and relevant CPD activities and knowledge of current EBP and national guidelines relating to MSK disorders
* Working at specialist physio/ESP level and requesting diagnostics within an MSK setting
* Post Grad qualification in Injection Therapy or willingness to undertake
* MSc/post graduate diploma in relevant field
* Membership of relevant clinical groups e.g. MMACP, SOM
* Audit/research activity
- Travel to Work Bus, Tram and Cycle schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- 27 days Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Well Being programme