I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Occupational Therapist Band 6
Up to £36,000 DOE
Welwyn Garden City
We are currently assisting one of the leading disability assistant companies in the UK. Our client provides community equipment, wheelchair, assistive technology and home improvement agency services to local authorities and the NHS
• Work as an autonomous practitioner being responsible for your own caseload, running your own clinic and prescribing wheelchairs and pressure cushions to promote mobility, function and comfort. The client’s postural needs will also be a key feature in the assessment process seeking support from the clinical lead for the more complex cases.
• Undertaking a comprehensive assessment of service users with a variety of physical, cognitive and/or learning disabilities. Many service users present with complex multi-pathologies which require a higher level of understanding of the impact of these conditions/disabilities.
• Assessing and prescribing the most suitable mobility equipment to meet the user’s mobility needs using “chair in the day” principles to achieve efficiency and effectiveness for our clients, maintaining productivity for the service. This will mean participating in a range of clinical pathways relevant to experience and training requirements
• Handover the equipment and agree the level of training and supervision required by each service user and determine the review time frame for each client.
• Provide advice to service users, their families, carers and healthcare professionals who contact the service regarding mobility and associated issues.
• Participate and contribute as required with clinical audit, evaluation and research activities.
• Represent the Service by taking an active role in relevant activities, conferences and events, and pro-actively ensure that all aspects of the Service are promoted and made equally accessible to all communities within the catchment area.
• A BSc degree/diploma in Occupational Therapy or physiotherapy
• Current HCPC professional registration
• Previous experience of working as an Occupational Therapist/physiotherapist band 5/6 level as a minimum
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a qualified therapist, working with patients with long-term and deteriorating medical conditions, including palliative care and an understanding of the impact of these conditions on patient’s lives.
• Experience of undertaking postural and pressure assessments
• Previous experience of working in a Wheelchair service is desirable by not essential. Experience can include rotational experience, or experience in other settings.
• Current UK manual driving licence, minimum 3 years, is essential, and a willingness to drive Company vehicles
All applications are fully confidential. Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion