I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Sidcup, Greater London, England
JOB REFERENCE: 06HCA007
CLOSING DATE: 23rd March 2018
We have an exciting opportunity in our Sidcup clinic for a healthcare assistant who wants to make a difference in our patient’s lives. You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
Sidcup is located in Kent, 20 minutes from central London by train. The Sidcup clinic is in a new purpose built kidney treatment centre that opened in April 2017 within Queen Mary’s Hospital and has good public transport links.
Diaverum are working in partnership with Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust to deliver dialysis services to NHS patients. You will work closely with the NHS multidisciplinary team and have the support of the Dialysis Matron and access to Guy’s and St Thomas’ training and development.
• To support the nursing team and undertake duties as directed by a registered nurse
• To escort patients to and from the clinical area to the waiting areas or transport
• To serve patient drinks and snacks during treatment as required
• To undertake basic health checks with patients pre and post dialysis including weight and blood pressure
• To check and clean equipment following appropriate training
• To assist with patient documentation as appropriate
• To prepare, restore and maintain areas and equipment for clinical treatments, ensuring that supplies and machines are readily available.
• Act as an assigned member of staff for a group of patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• Must be educated to GCSE level or equivalent
• Minimum NVQ level 2 in Health; Social Care or equivalent and working towards level 3
• Ideally previous experience in hospital and healthcare setting
• Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills (oral + written) with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!
• Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
• Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 23.30 (No Nights* or Sunday working)
• Competitive Salary
• 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
• Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
• Relocation allowance *
• Post subject to References, Identification, DBS, OH checks
* where applicable/dependent on clinic
Please note that we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications
We may not contact those candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.