Give your career a positive change.
At CAS Behavioural Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We are a leading provider of specialist adult healthcare and have over 80 services across the UK which specialise in; autism, learning disability, mental health, personality disorder and acquired brain injury.
We work in close partnership with the National Health Service, providing a step down service for NHS patients detained in secure facilities or acute settings. We have an emphasis on intensive psychiatric rehabilitation provides clients with a step-by-step programme to return to the community or suitable long-term placement.
An opportunity has arisen for a Clinical or Forensic Psychologist to join our team at Alders in Gloucester.
Alders Clinic is a specialist service that supports up to 20 women with personality disorders within a Locked Rehabilitation Service providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation across three discrete clinical areas. It is a psychologically informed and planned service, delivered within an operational framework developed specifically to meet the needs of the patients we work with. This means that our inter-personal approach is consistent, boundaried, safe, resilient and clinically directed.In this role you will:
• Provide psychological assessment, formulation and treatment to patients with personality disorders and associated complex needs within an in-patient setting
• Work as part of the MDT team and individually with patients
• Take a lead in the design and implementation of individual and group psychological treatment programmes
• Within the MDT setting you will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area, and advise non-psychology staff on psychological principles and psychological understanding of behaviours displayed by personality disorder service users
• To ensure systems are in place for the clinical supervision and provide support for the Assistant Psychologist/s based at the siteAre you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• A HCPC Registered Clinical / Forensic Psychologist
• Experience of working within in-patient services and personality disorder would be an advantage although support is available for newly qualified psychologists
• Knowledge of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions to a similar client group is preferred
• Ideally, experience of psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Experience with service users in in-patient rehabilitation settings is desirable
• Up to date knowledge around various different psychological models applicable to this clinical populationIn return, we will offer you:
• Salary: £40k - £50k (based on FTE and depending on experience)
• Company pension scheme
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• CPD opportunities
• Employee discount scheme
• Quality working environment
• Free meals on duty
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunitiesRequirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you wish to speak with someone regarding this vacancy please contact Dr. Sarah Foulger (Senior Forensic Psychologist) on Apply
or Dr. Stan Renwick (Lead Psychologist Personality Disorder Services) on ([... Click Apply... sqrdbrcktsc).Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.