I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Guildford, Surrey, England
Heart Healthcare are currently accepting applications for an Optometrist in a well-respected private hospital group based in Guildford.
37.5 hours per week, Mon- Sat
No late nights or Sundays
£37,750 to £57,750 salary + 10% annual salary bonus
Private Medical Insurance included
4% Pension Scheme (can increase)
Our clients passion is eyes- and their reputation speaks for itself as they are now the UK’s most trusted Ophthalmology service provider.
With their very own eye sciences department- which is constantly researching new technologies- they also partnering with leading UK universities across the country searching for the next best thing for patients.
Purpose of Post
• You will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team, working alongside Consultants/ Surgeons on pre/ post consults, assessing the suitability of patients for ophthalmic surgery.
• You’ll supporting Consultants/ Surgeons in their ongoing research as well as conducting your own and company-interest research.
• Producing clinical training material, deliver presentations on the various disciplines to support all members of relevant staff.
• Support the eye sciences research division, you’ll produce data on the outcomes of treatments undertaken at the hospital.
• You’ll identify unexpected variance in clinical outcomes, complaint rates or other issues relating to patient safety or satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Running acute and follow up clinics post-surgery for all patients.
• Discussing patients’ suitability for treatment in a professional, friendly and ethical manner, making recommendations to patients and Consultants regarding patients’ eligibility for treatment.
• To be the first point of advice and support to patients attending the hospital, following up referrals to medical practitioners if needed
• Work with management to drive and sustain business development opportunities for both sites.
• Enforcing maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures to reduce cross infection.
• Investigate potential changing needs within the hospital and be prepared to instigate change.
• Stay up to date with and be an information point on the current developments in ophthalmic surgery.
• To ensure that all CET points are kept up to date and comply with all relevant professional guidelines, standards and regulations.
• To take an active part in teaching within the hospital, participate in induction programmes for new colleagues and the maintenance of a supportive learning environment.
• You’ll need to be a qualified Optometrist registered with the GOC.
• Though experience is preferred, it is not necessary- full support is given for newly qualified candidates.
• You’ll be a strong decision maker, able to set key goals for yourself and others, working toward and improving these objective outcomes
• You’ll be able to deal with challenging behaviours, handling situations with a commercial approach
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
To apply for this fantastic role simply apply below for more information. Your next job is just a few clicks away!
Optometrist, Ophthalmic, Private Hospital, Hospital, Ophthalmic, Ophthalmology, Operating, Opto, Eyes, Private