Give your career a positive change.
At CAS Behavioural Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We are a leading provider of specialist adult healthcare and have over 80 services across the UK which specialise in; autism, learning disability, mental health, personality disorder and acquired brain injury.
We have a brand new service which opened towards the end of 2017, Brunel in Bristol. At present we have 5 patients and this will grow to be a 32-bedded neuropsychiatry and neurobehavioural service (22 rehabilitation beds and 10 neuro degenerative beds). The hospital provides a neuropsychiatric service to individuals with brain injuries, organic brain disorders and degenerative conditions who require specialist therapy-led rehabilitation and support.
At this exciting time, we are now looking to grow our Multidisciplinary Team and seeking an Occupational Therapist to join us on a part time basis, working 20hrs per week between Monday to Friday.In this role you will:
• Work directly with a defined specialist caseload of patients that have complex needs associated with their diagnosis in order to assess their occupational needs in all environments
• As part of a full multidisciplinary team onsite, you will also work with all staff across the hospital to support the implementation of the therapeutic and neuropsychiatric approach
• Work with another Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist to lead on service development within the hospital
• In addition, you will work alongside a therapy coordinator to develop the rehabilitation and activity timetables, who will require routine supervision and delegation of appropriate tasks
• As a Senior OT, you will perform an active role as part of the companywide OT service and contribute to the service enhancement through intervention development, meetings and conferencesWe are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the Health Care Professions Council and a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy
• Experience in the field of Acquired Brain Injury / Neurological conditions is essential
• Currently operating as a Specialist OT (Band 6) / Highly Specialist OT (Band 7) or equivalent
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OTIn return we will offer you:
• Salary: £35k - £40k FTE (depending on experience)
• Company pension scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Monthly / bi-monthly supervision by a highly specialist OT
• Opportunity to attend bi-monthly OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
• Training days throughout the year, provided by well-known and inspirational OTs such as Sue Parkinson (MOHO) and Eadaoin Breathnach (Sensory Attachment Intervention)
• CPD and research opportunitiesRequirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you wish to speak with someone regarding this vacancy please contact Rachel Yates (Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist) on Apply
or alternatively email Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*