Occupational Therapist - Early Intervention Project - Luton - £28ph
Luton are looking for two Occupational therapist to join the new pilot project. The council are piloting the Early Intervention Vehicle (EIV). The Early Intervention Vehicle (EIV) provide an immediate response, via carefully triaged 999 calls or via inter-crew referrals to residents aged over 65 in Luton, seven days a week.
The primary role of the vehicle is to provide holistic assessment and reduce hospital admissions, helping older people to stay independent and living at home. The service is a partnership between the East of England Ambulance Service NHS trust (EEAST) and Community services.
The EIV incorporates a Community services worker; Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist and Social Worker working alongside an EEAST paramedic/ECP. Services provided include community based social and functional needs assessments, minor aids and social care provision, sign posting to statutory and voluntary organisations, and support and advice to service users and carers to prevent / minimise the risk of an avoidable future crisis.
The aim of the scheme is to safely care for people within their own home (including nursing and residential homes), where an acute admission to hospital may otherwise have been necessary
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- Moving & Handling
- Case experience
- Waiting list experience
- Prioritise on duty if necessary
- Adaptations - council and in depth dfg works
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy