I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne has a vacancy for a Senior Physiotherapist (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist with postgraduate general hospital experience
* Must be a Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
* Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
* Knowledge of registered body and HPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
* Knowledge of Human Resource policies, tools and techniques, including interviewing, conducting performance reviews and performance coaching
* Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
* Experience including inpatient orthopaedics, general medical, respiratory, elderly care and oncology.
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills:
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
* Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
* Must be available to work weekends and bank holidays
Duties of this role include:
* To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy/ occupational therapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard
* Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for mainly inpatients, participating in these patients' pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
* To provide clinical direction for other physiotherapy staff within the team
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
* To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
* To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
* To undertake other duties delegated by the Physiotherapy Manager, and to deputise for him/ her as required
* To participate in on call and weekend rota
* Help to promote a culture of customer service throughout the physiotherapy department, and identify areas for improvement as appropriate
* Maintain relationships with local GPs and patient services
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with consultants
* Manage direct reports effectively, delegating appropriately and holding them accountable for the delivery of specific objectives and targets
* Support the training and development of other members of the team, sharing knowledge and best practice and contributing to teaching sessions
* Participate in departmental meetings and support the Physiotherapy Manager in the management of the Physiotherapy team
* Provide support to other managers in the hospital as appropriate, to help deliver the hospital clinical, commercial and operational targets
* Ensure that the requisite mandatory training courses are completed within the required timescales
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.