I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Hyde, Greater Manchester, England
Give your career a positive change.
At CAS Behavioural Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on residents and their families. We are a leading provider of specialist adult healthcare and have over 90 services across the UK which specialise in; autism, learning disability, mental health, personality disorder and acquired brain injury.
An opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our team 16hrs (2 days) per week between Monday to Friday.
Lowry House in Hyde is a 12 bed community specialist residential home which provides outcome focused care for adults with learning disabilities, who may have behaviours that challenge and associated complex needs.
In this role you will:
• Deliver a clinical service for a complex client group, using a range of skills and knowledge in assessment and intervention methods within a coherent framework
• Provide support and training to a dedicated care and support team of staff to facilitate optimal engagement with residents and to maximise their development of independent living skills
• Run group and individual interventions aimed at developing daily living skills, life skills and managing challenging behaviour through sensory integration-based techniques and strategies
• Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the Occupational Therapy service within the site and possibly within the region
We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the Health Care Professions Council and a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy
• Experience in the field of Learning Disabilities is essential
• Currently operating as a Specialist OT (Band 6) / Highly Specialist OT (Band 7) or equivalent
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return we will offer you:
• Salary up to £35k FTE (depending on experience)
• Company pension scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Monthly / bi-monthly supervision by a highly specialist OT
• Opportunity to attend bi-monthly OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
• Training days throughout the year, provided by well-known and inspirational OTs such as Sue Parkinson (MOHO) and Eadaoin Breathnach (Sensory Attachment Intervention)
• CPD and research opportunities
• Mentoring and coaching to undertake our Sensory Integration Preceptorship programme, which could lead to formal Sensory Integration training
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.