I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Long Eaton, Nottingham, Derbyshire, England
Give your career a positive change.
At CAS Behavioural Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on services users and their families. We are a leading provider of specialist adult healthcare and have over 80 services across the UK which specialise in; autism, learning disability, mental health, personality disorder and acquired brain injury.
We are currently recruiting a Physiotherapist to work 2 or 3 days per week at Long Eaton Day Services – a specialist day centre for adults with learning disabilities.
The service provides meaningful and fun daily activities for individuals with complex needs. We have clients with physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD), cognitive impairment as well as some sensory loss, e.g. visual or hearing impairment. They are often tube-fed, have epilepsy and require very careful and targeted support to make sure their needs are met. We have state of the art equipment designed to optimise sensory experience, optimise good posture and heighten relaxation. There is a spacious sensory room, cinema, soft zone and arts and crafts area. A generously proportioned hydrotherapy room is used as part of individualised programmes which are designed to maximise physical benefits.
In this role you will:
• Deliver a clinical service for a complex client group with a range of Learning Disabilities which includes PMLD and physical disabilities
• Attend relevant meetings and provide written and verbal reports on client progress when required
• Conduct clinical audits and undertake relevant research
• Contribute to the continuing development of a dynamic quality Physiotherapy service within CAS Behavioural Health
• Undertake practice training and support physiotherapy student placements
We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy
• Registration with the Health Care Professions Council
• Post-registration experience in a Physiotherapist role with a Learning Disability client group
• A good understanding of core Physiotherapy skills and current best practice in Physiotherapy
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication skills
In return we will offer you:
• Salary up to £19k (based on 2 / 3 days per week)
• Company pension scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Joint working and onsite/offsite support from a highly experienced Physiotherapist who is based at our Sheffield Day Service
• Opportunity to work alongside a site based Occupational Therapist and Speech and Language Therapist
• Training days throughout the year
• CPD and research opportunities
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply