Position: Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £35,000 per annum
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor based in the Midlands on a permanent full time basis.
My client is a successful charity that tackles social isolation and barriers for disabled and vulnerable people.
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will advise on the required standards, processes and systems to ensure obligations are met in relation to compliance with health and safety regulations and delivering high quality services.
The Health and Safety Advisor role will consist of:
• Continual development of a pro-active Health and Safety culture
• Responsibility for the development, review and advising on the effective implementation of Health and Safety policy and procedures that meets both statutory and regulatory bodies
• Ensure Health and Safety policy, roles, responsibilities and arrangements have been embedded through the ongoing monitoring of the quality system
• Provide an advisory service for current and emerging Health and Safety legislation and regulations - make recommendations on the steps to be taken to achieve implementation and ensure compliance
• Lead the implementation of the Health and Safety management system in line with all relevant standards and best practice guidelines through the work of the Quality and Practice Development and Regional Managers
• Ensure there is a workplace risk assessment programme across the operation that establishes and meets the identified risks and provides appropriate risk mitigation
• Provide high quality general/ technical advice and guidance to central support services and line management on all aspects of Health and Safety
• Provide outputs from the Health and Safety system to regulators and approve bodies in the timescales required
• Work with the Learning and Development team to support the development and implementation of strategies to achieve compliance with statutory obligations and create the necessary workforce competence to manage Health and Safety risks.
The Health and Safety Advisor will work alongside a dedicated team of Health and Safety professionals, Quality Managers and front line staff to enable delivery of high quality care and support services to children and adults.
To be considered for this excellent Health and Safety Advisor opportunity my client is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor with a NEBOSH general certificate and a NEBOSH Fire Safety or equivalent.
The Health and Safety Advisor should be actively working towards a CPD scheme and have experience within the social care and/ or voluntary organization sector.
The Health and Safety Advisor will need to have their own care and be able to provide on-site support.
The Health and Safety Advisor role offers a generous salary of £35,000 per annum plus generous benefits as well as long term employment stability and progression.
For further information and to apply please call Sophie Thomas at Purosearch on ApplyApply