I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Gillingham, Beccles, Norfolk, England
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
40 hours per week
Salary up to £ Apply
A new opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon to join a dedicated and professional Multi-disciplinary medical team at the private hospital located in Kent. You will be a highly valued member of our team bringing your expertise and skills in a range of general ophthalmic out-patient and surgical procedures including predominantly Cataracts. As a consultant for a our client you will have access to great facilities in a well-structured and relaxed environment. This is a state of the art independent facility run by a leading private healthcare provider who are offering Outpatient/day surgery to Private and NHS patients in the surrounding areas. The specialties they offer are Ophthalmology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Orthopaedics and Urology. Our client is committed to investing in their staff and providing the highest quality patient welfare and satisfaction.
Reporting to the Hospital Medical Director you will perform a range of ophthalmology procedures, on patients referred to the treatment centre, working in accordance with treatment centre protocols and working practices. Duties will include:
- Preoperative intra operative and postoperative activities as well as time allocated for clinical supporting work
- Participation in the outpatients prior to surgery, and in all aspects of the operative care of the patients
- Spend the equivalent of at least three days in the operating theatre and two days a week in a combination of outpatient assessment; administrative, management and clinical governance duties
- Work closely with clinical colleagues, both specialists and RMO's, in order to enhance the level of patient care at the centre.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Wide training and experience in general ophthalmology
- Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within ophthalmology
- Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
- Experience of high volume cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia
- Innovative approach to provision of ophthalmology services with ability to embrace change to improve the provision of care
- Knowledge of evidence based practice
- Excellent clinical skills
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills - fluent spoken and written English
Skills & Experience:
- UK registerable Medical Degree
- Past record of academic achievement
- Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality
London, Greater London, England£ 24,000 - 24,000 Per yearPermanentPosted 4th January 2018
£ 24,000 - 24,000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 4th January 2018Closes 4th February 2018Ref RE/HQ00019940
Clinic Coordinator - Specialist Ophthalmic Clinic Clinic Coordinator Ophthalmic Clinic £24,000 + Excellent Com...