I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Cheadle, Greater Manchester, England
Support workers needed! Have you got the drive and the passion to Support children? Then don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity,
Our Client is looking for experienced support workers to give excellent support to children, young people and their families. This support role will give you great job satisfaction and a real feeling that you are changing and making a difference to someone's life. Not only will you being making a difference, but you will be working as part of a fantastic and well supported team, that all have the same drive and determination to make a difference.
The charity's first residential home for autistic young deaf adults, was built in 1998. Shortly after, the Special Educational Needs and disability Act of 2001 led to the rapid growth in the number of students being referred to the college on campus.
By 2005 such were the numbers being referred to the college that the building was completely refurbished in 2007 and a new wing was completed in 2008. Today they are embarking on the most exciting development since moving to Cheadle Hulme.
Our client also offers a Pension scheme, Employee Assistance Program, Long service awards, childcare vouchers, free on-site parking and generous holiday allowance. As well all these benefits you will be paid between £7.80 and £8.50 p/h depending on experience.
To qualify for this fantastic opportunity we are looking for:
· Level 2 in residential childcare or level 2 in health and social care (essential).
· Experience with working with challenging behaviour is an advantage.
· Preferably you should have experience supporting service users with autism or any other relevant qualification.
· Fully flexible over 7 days to work a split shift 7am till 9am and then 3pm till 10pm and able to commit to a full time position of 37.5h/pw
Your duties will include:
· Meeting the safety and individual needs of children and young people.
· Support with personal care.
· Recording events and activities when required.
· Performing general household duties.
· Support with sporting events such as swimming and orienteering.
· Supporting on trips out in to the local community to visit cinema, bowling etc.
So if you are up for the challenge to make a difference in a child's life, and want to work for a charity that has been given an outstanding rating by CQC and OFSTED then please do not hesitate, apply online or call Mike on Apply.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.