I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
My client is looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to work in the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).
- Take overall responsibility and charge of the medical care of all the patients on the post holders unit
- To take part in a first on-call rota shared with other Consultants and Associate Specialists. The post holder will be expected to give telephone advice, attend for urgent Mental Health Act matters for example section 5 (2) or other psychiatric emergency situations at the hospital - The Maximum for on-call would be 1 in 4 nights and weekends
Holding and chairing weekly patient review meetings (ward rounds)
- Reviewing each of their inpatients at least weekly ensuring that these assessments are documented.
- Attending weekly Datix/risk meeting to address all incidents and safeguarding matters
- Attending the on-site CPD peer group with other Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists within the group
- Attending Clinical Governance meetings
QUALITY/ CLINICAL LEADERSHIP
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients including Patient review meetings, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007). Medically responsible under the Mental Health Act for the medical treatment of all of the patients on this specific PICU to which the post holder is appointed
- Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior staff
- Be the primary, focal role in the case management of the patients in relation to the referring community CAMHS, adult mental health (when appropriate), local authority and commissioning agencies
- Managing admissions and discharges from the unit - the maximum caseload being up to 15 patients at one time
CLINICAL GOVERNANCE/ INNOVATION
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of services in collaboration with the Medical Director, Hospital Manager and Head of Nursing and Quality
- Taking part in medically related audits, presenting these to the audit and Clinical Governance meetings
- Working with the Hospital/Ward Manager to plan, convene, co-chair (or delegate the chair) for quarterly team meetings (QTM) in order to facilitate good team functioning
- Developing a job plan that suits the needs of the individual and the services
The successful candidate must:
- Hold current full GMC registration with no restrictions on practice
- Have current approved clinical status
- Be approved under section 12 (2) of the Mental health act 1983 (amended 2007)
- Be on the specialist register for Child and Adolescent psychiatry
- Hold a CCT for Specialist Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Maintain CPD and re-validation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies
- Be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans