I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
London, Greater London, England
Physiotherapist (AposTherapy qualified)
Salary up to £40,000 (negotiable)
Our client is looking to recruit an AposTherapy qualified Physiotherapist. We offer currently AposTherapy as an alternate to surgery for patients with hip and knee osteoarthritis. We are looking for a suitably qualified physiotherapist to help us expand our service. The role will be based from our Private Clinic located in London.
The service provides a functional rehabilitation programme that is based on the AposTherapy gait system. The treatment includes an initial assessment and computerised gait analysis, calibration of the customised AposTherapy gait systems, prescription progression of independent rehabilitation activities and follow-up assessments. The team consists of physiotherapists and support staff.
The AposTherapy Physiotherapist will be responsible for providing programmes to patients seen in the MSK service.
* To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for own professional activities
* To be responsible and accountable for the management and implementation of client rehabilitation programmes
* To provide a high standard of AposTherapy assessment and treatment as an autonomous practitioner to clients including those with complex cases where advanced clinical reasoning skills, evidence based practice and expertise are essential to develop effective, individual care plans
* To demonstrate theoretical knowledge of multiple pathologies and impairments in the assessment of clients, often in the presence of incomplete or conflicting clinical information to form accurate analyses and diagnoses
* To monitor, review and continually re-assess clients rehabilitation plans and objectives against outcomes measured in order to facilitate modification of their rehabilitation as appropriate to enable achievement of their goals
* To work in a co-ordinated, multi-disciplinary manner, communicating effectively with other team members and the wider clinical network involved in client care
* To provide rehabilitation advice and education to client, carers and relatives based on clinical evidence
* To provide professional and treatment advice telephonically, as required, in order to continuously deliver outstanding customer service.
* To be responsible for obtaining client and/or carer consent prior to AposTherapy intervention and in accordance with professional guidelines
* To ensure management of clinical risk within own caseload
* To maintain up-to-date clinical written records using POMR system and computerised database in accordance with local and professional standards; and also writing comprehensive discharge and progress reports to medical referrers
Essential Qualifications and Experience
* A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy
* AposTherapy Qualified
* Evidence of accredited post-graduate training and CPD relevant to; the management of musculoskeletal conditions and pain within the biopsychosocial model of care
* Demonstrate an understanding and involvement of Clinical Governance and risk assessment
* Membership of MSK related clinical interest groups
* Supervision and mentoring of junior staff and students.
* Experience of working with both NHS and Private patient caseloads.
* Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
* Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Skills, abilities and behaviours required
* Ability to use advanced clinical reasoning skills to provide an accurate clinical diagnosis.
* Formulating, developing and delivering a specialised individualised treatment programme
* Ability to prioritise own workload
* Ability to balance conflicting demands and tight deadlines.
* Ability to communicate fluently, verbal and written, in English.
* Ability to implement innovative ideas.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to communicate complex data in terms that are easily understood by a wide range of audiences.
* Ability to work effectively with colleagues and the wider MDT.
* Adaptable, self-motivating, committed to personal development, and able to reflect and critically appraise own performance.