I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Croydon, London, Greater London, England
BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for an Operations Manager to join their team of staff in the Operations department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Managerial and organizational skills
* Awareness of Group policies
* Knowledge of current legislation regarding Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, COSHH and risk assessment.
* Previous management experience essential, preferably within a hospital environment.
* Energetic, flexible to the service needs, proactive and driven to succeed.
* Ability to effectively manage change
* Strong organizational and planning skills, including risk management.
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivery against targets.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Good financial awareness and control.
* Knowledge of HR policies, tools and techniques, including interviewing, conducting performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes including discipline and grievance management experience.
* Full UK Driving License
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure the seamless and effective provision of a hospital services service and take continuous responsibility for all aspects of operational management
* To manage effectively and efficiently the provision of high quality, cost effective hospital services function to all users of the hospitals.
* Operations Manager will be responsible for the organisation and management of the materials, patient services and reception, portering, catering and housekeeping departments and for the other areas of responsibility as defined above.
* Close liaison with other Senior Managers and with departmental staff in all aspects of the service is required, with due attention paid, at all times, to maintaining standards and safety in departments.
* Act as Health and Safety Officer and be responsible for the development of the health, safety and environmental framework of the hospitals.
* To ensure that high standards of practice prevail within the departments ensuring compliance with relevant standards and external authorities - including, but not limited to, Care Quality Commission, Health and Safety Executive, Infection Control Regulations and Food Hygiene Regulations.
* To achieve all financial targets.
* Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.