I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute, Scotland
Occupational Health Advisor
Salary £32,000 - £36,000
We are looking for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to join us in delivering occupational health services to our client in Helensburgh. This will be a full time role - 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for a team player who can work alongside a team of experts and industry professionals. You will receive all the support you need from our senior management team as we work together to bring success to this contract and the company as a whole. This is a great opportunity to take on a new challenge, with refurbished premises and an exciting Occupational Health programme to deliver.
* To provide appropriate expert, timely effective and practicable advice
* Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH function
* Assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health whether in person or by written referral
* Assess client's fitness to work for the appropriate job role
* Develop and implement effective communication mechanisms
* Write letters to GP/Specialists
* Respond to client/manager's requests for support/information on the working environment.
* Maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
* Provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation
* Provide positive, professional, accountable practice
* Work with the OH manager to review the Nursing skill mix and to develop and support ongoing recruitment
Where the successful candidate will be required to deliver the full OH remit, you should be proficient in the provision of:
* General Medicals
* Drug and Alcohol screening
* Case Management
* Fitness for role assessment
* Health Surveillance
* Skin Assessments
* Pre-placement questionnaires
* Registration with NMC Part 1
* Experienced OHA with good Case Management experience
* Client management experience
* Significant experience of working in an OH environment in a nursing/advisory capacity, across a range of OH activities
* Sound educational background, including a good standard of numeracy and written English
* Drive and have your own transport
* Be Innovative and adaptable
* Have the ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
* Be IT literate
* Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
* Be aware of own limitations
* Understand and support a flexible approach to team working
* Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
* Be happy to travel locally
* We need someone who is motivated, flexible, approachable, and dependable.
Experience of Health Surveillance, treatments, venepuncture and vaccine administration.