I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, England
Are you a conscientious Mental Health Nurse interested in working within IAPT? A talking therapies service in the Newcastle area are looking to recruit a Mental Health Nurse to help with a waiting list initiative, tackling incoming referrals to the service.
The contract is guaranteed until at least April 2018, with a strong possibility of extension.
- Flexible hours: between 15-37.5hrs per week will be accommodated, worked between Mon-Fri 9am-8pm, or Saturday 9am-1pm depending on the Nurse's preference
- City centre office base within 5 minutes walk from local Metro stations/bus services
- Excellent pay rates
- The opportunity to gain valuable experience of delivering low level psychological interventions with IAPT/non IAPT clients
Responsibilities for this post include:
- Assessing and treating common mental health issues including anxiety, carer's strain, OCD, stress, alcohol dependence etc
- Using CBT approaches to deliver short-term interventions and longer term person-centred interventions to service users with moderate to severe issues
- Carrying out risk assessments and scoring clients on this basis, aiming to reduce scores over the course of 6-8 sessions
- Treating clients who fall within both the IAPT and non-IAPT streams
- Supporting Band 3 staff to give advice and support when carrying out telephone triage
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team with nurses, social workers, PWP's and therapists
Our Primary Care Mental Health Nurse should meet the below criteria:
- Mental Health Nursing qualification
- Valid NMC registration
- Experience working in a similar role is preferable, but non-essential
This is an excellent opportunity for a Mental Health Nurse to develop in-demand skills and to work for an award-winning NHS trust. For an informal discussion, please call Ashleigh on Apply
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.