I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
Fantastic Healthcare provider are seeking a Medical Director or Consultant Psychiatrist to join their 60 bed Tier 4 CAMHS hospital for young people aged 12 -18 years. They provide care for young people with a range of mental health disorders and includes the following units:
* Adolescent Care
* Acute Psychiatric
* Eating Disorders
This role is dedicated to providing high quality clinical care for patients referred to and using the services of the hospital. The post holder works loosely with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that clients receive a holistic and person-centric care and treatment programme. The post holder will be the clinical lead for a full multi-disciplinary team.
The post holder will occupy our PICU ward in which there is specialist expertise within the team. The hospital registration is between 12 and 25 and as such there is scope for the treatment of complex patients across transition into adulthood. As such there is specialist expertise within the multi-disciplinary team for this group of patients but not exclusively for this group of patients.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. They play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
As a Medical Director/Consultant Psychiatrist working in their Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) your main duties will be:-
* Take overall responsibility and charge of the medical care of all the patients on the post holders unit
* To take part in a first on-call rota shared with other Consultants and Associate Specialists. The post holder will be expected to give telephone advice, attend for urgent Mental Health Act matters for example section 5 (2) or other psychiatric emergency situations at the service - The Maximum for on-call would be 1 in 4 nights and weekends
* Holding and chairing weekly patient review meetings (ward rounds)
* Reviewing each of their inpatients at least weekly ensuring that these assessments are documented.
* Attending weekly Datix/risk meeting to address all incidents and safeguarding matters
* Attending the on-site CPD peer group with other Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists within The Huntercombe Group
* Attending Clinical Governance meetings
QUALITY/ CLINICAL LEADERSHIP
* Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people
* Taking clinical responsibility for patients including Patient review meetings, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
* Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007). Medically responsible under the Mental Health Act for the medical treatment of all of the patients on this specific PICU to which the post holder is appointed
* Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior staff
* Be the primary, focal role in the case management of the patients in relation to the referring community CAMHS, adult mental health (when appropriate), local authority and commissioning agencies
* Managing admissions and discharges from the unit - the maximum caseload being up to 15 patients at one time
CLINICAL GOVERNANCE/ INNOVATION
* Contributing to the development and evaluation of services in collaboration with the Medical Director, Hospital Manager and Head of Nursing and Quality
* Taking part in medically related audits, presenting these to the audit and Clinical Governance meetings
* Working with the Hospital/Ward Manager to plan, convene, co-chair (or delegate the chair) for quarterly team meetings (QTM) in order to facilitate good team functioning
* Developing a job plan that suits the needs of the individual and the services
* Hold current full GMC registration with no restrictions on practice
* Have current approved clinical status
* Be approved under section 12 (2) of the Mental health act 1983 (amended 2007)
* Be on the specialist register for Child and Adolescent psychiatry
* Hold a CCT for Specialist Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
* Maintain CPD and re-validation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies
* Be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans
In return they offer you:
* A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
* Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Funded study leave
* Medical insurance
* Payment of medical indemnity
* Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
* The opportunity to participate in a company