- BSc in Clinical Measurement or Certificate in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement (Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street , Dublin) or equivalent.
- A.S.C.S.T - Associate of The Society for Cardiological Science and Technology (UK) or equivalent.
- Aim to sit the IBHRE/ BHRS exam in the future.
- Have not less than three years post qualification experience in a Cardiac Department with experience in a Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory and Cardiac Pacing.
- Experience in Electrophysiology is essential.
- Possess Advanced Life Support.
- Good general knowledge of cardiology.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate motivation and an innovative approach to job.
- Demonstrate clinical competence and relevant experience in a Cardiology Department.
- Demonstrate an ability to contribute to overall service development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of new developments in specialised area.
Planning & Organisational Skills
- Demonstrate organisational skills including effective time management.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills especially the ability to communicate clear and concise instructions to patients in an understandable fashion.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the service user.
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to empathise with and treat patients, relatives and colleagues with dignity and respect.
Leadership & Team Working Skills
- Demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work with other professionals in planning teams and working groups.
Please call Alan O'Connor for more information on Applyor please forward your CV to Apply