- Possess membership or be eligible for membership of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (ACSLM) or equivalent.
- Desirable 1 year in service training across all disciplines.
- Experience in Histology preferred but not essential.
- Post qualification experience.
- Have partaken in emergency on-call rotas.
- Co-ordinate with laboratory management and other hospital departments to ensure delivery of an appropriate laboratory service.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a professional and dedicated attitude.
- Demonstrate adaptability to the rapid changes taking place in the health services.
Knowledge & Understanding
- Appreciation of all aspects of the provision of a modern laboratory service.
- Be aware of the application of modern methods in laboratory science.
- Be familiar with the accreditation criteria and objectives.
- Be familiar with legislation as it pertains to the provision of a quality laboratory service.
- Demonstrate the capacity to be part of a team.
- Understand quality control criteria.
- Be familiar with laboratory information systems.
- Be familiar with other hospital departments and their relationships with the laboratory.
- Be familiar with current health and safety legislation as it pertains to the laboratory.
- Be familiar with IT packages supporting office and laboratory service.
Please call Alan O'Connor for more information on Applyor please forward your CV to Apply