Senior Occupational Therapist - Psychiatric Unit
Wandsworth, London, Greater London, England
A leading care provider is seeking to appoint a Senior Occupational Therapist to join the company working in their Adult Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities unit. The hospital is a purpose-built psychiatric intensive care unit. The hospital provides a secure and safe, gender-specific environment for adults who have suffered an acute deterioration or relapse in their mental wellbeing.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering occupational therapy to patients across two psychiatric intensive care units with support from Lead Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistants and the wider MDT.
* To work as part of multi-disciplinary team, contributing occupational therapy expertise to ensure they deliver outstanding assessment, care planning and support for the people in their care
* Participating in the provision of high therapeutic activities, using a wide range of approaches to suit the patients varying needs
* Assisting with the training of care staff and others in principles of occupational therapy, so that an understanding of occupational therapy underpins the work of the care team
* Encouraging independence and personal choice and help provide an environment which is conductive to patients with varied and complex needs
* Providing evidence based practice and that is outcome focused
* Taking an active role in your own personal and professional development and to be able to support junior staff in their development.
* Have a minimum BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy
* Hold current HCPC registration
* Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the MDT and senior professional and managerial staff
* Have a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
* Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
* Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
* Have a legal right to work in the UK
Salary: £32,292 - £35,509
?As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.?
- £ 32292 - 35509 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 11 Nov 2017
Ref: KB-SOT- 1210
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist