Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Part Time - 25 hours per week
£32,500 (pro rata) + fantastic benefits
We're looking for an exceptional Radiographer with a passion for working to the highest standards. Whether you're currently working in the NHS or in a private setting, we want to hear from you.
This role requires excellent technical and people skills. You'll need high levels of technical knowledge and the ability to work quickly and accurately, with a great eye for detail. You'll also need a caring nature - to see each patient as an individual and carry out this role with understanding and empathy.
Reporting to the Diagnosis Imaging Manager, you'll deliver a high quality diagnostic imaging service for a very varied caseload. You'll have opportunities to work with leading practitioners and to experience new practices, equipment and facilities.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
* Perform radiological procedures within the department, on the ward and in theatre, as required, in accordance with department protocols and Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations (IRMER)
* Provide the clinical lead either within a specialist field or as a team leader
* Review policies, procedures and protocols, and make recommendations regarding their content and application within area of responsibility
* Provide supervision and development of more junior staff
Radiography qualifications, skills and values
You'll have a BSc degree in diagnostic radiography or equivalent to meet the registration requirements of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), and a postgraduate qualification in an area of specialisation. Radiation Protection Supervisor training and/or qualification are desirable, and post registration experience relevant to the role is preferred.
Like us, you believe in putting people first, you'll appreciate being able to fully understand each case from a technical and personal viewpoint. You'll enjoy the satisfaction of providing a service of the highest quality, delivered with sensitivity and compassion.
Your interpersonal skills will extend to other professionals as well as patients.
You'll be an excellent communicator and team worker - flexible and motivated with great problem-solving skills. And because you understand the importance of continuity in patient care you'll interact with many different practitioners from other areas.
Key employee benefits:
* Continuing professional and career development
* Generous holiday and leave arrangements
* Flexible pension options
* Life assurance and healthcare schemes
* Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
* Free Health and Fitness membership, with heavily subsidised memberships for family
* Cycle to work scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
* Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
- £ 32500 - 32500 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Sep 2017
Closes 14 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography