Senior Physiotherapist - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Winchester, Hampshire, England
BMI Sarum Road Hospital in Winchester is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Physiotherapist - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a PART time role for 27.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Chartered Physiotherapist
* Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
* Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
* Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.Chartered Physiotherapist/ State Registered Occupational Therapist with previous postgraduate experience in a range of specialties
Duties of this role include:
* To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard. Ensuring excellent patient care is promoted within the hospital.
* Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for relevant departments participating in these patients' pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
* To provide clinical direction for other physiotherapy staff within the team.
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
* To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
* To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation.
* To undertake other duties delegated by the Clinical Services Manager - Physiotherapy, and to deputise as required, managing the team in line with BMI Healthcare Policies and procedures.
* Participate in hospital cover / on-call rotas including week nights and weekend shifts, as required.
* To provide flexibility to meet the service requirements of the department by taking an active role in supporting other areas across outpatients and inpatients.
* To participate in the in service training programme.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with consultants.
* Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 25000 - 30000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 14 Sep 2017
Closes 12 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy