Winchester, Hampshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Sarum Road hospital has a vacancy for a Radiographer (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* BSC or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography
* State Registration - Health Professions Council (HPC)
* Radiographic skills - general - including fluoroscopy, ward and theatre radiography
* Health and safety and radiation protection and safety knowledge.
* Up-to date knowledge of current radiographic techniques and equipment.
* Good customer/patient care skills (verbally).
* Telephone/reception/computer skills.
* Decision making and organisational skills
Duties of this role include:
* To carry out a full range of general and specialised radiographic procedures maintained to high technical and patient care standards, and to apply the lowest radiation doses possible consistent with good diagnostic images, and a safe environment.
* To be involved in and responsible for the efficient and safe operation of the Imaging Department, and to provide the highest standard of service possible to all our customers.
* Manage and plan individual investigations required, and follow the instructions of the supervisory radiologist/radiographer.
* Produce images to a previously agreed standard, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient and staff.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 13 Sep 2017
Closes 11 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography