Decontamination Department Lead NVQ3
Crawley, West Sussex, England
One of the UK’s leading private healthcare operators has an exciting opportunity for an experienced decontamination specialist to join the Decontamination team in their Crawley hospital.
As Decontamination Department Lead, you will provide strategic leadership to the service, enabling a high quality and cost-effective decontamination service. You will take responsibility for the operational management of the team, ensuring compliance with company policies and legislative requirements to include, financial, Health & Safety, clinical, Infection Control and HR related issues.
The successful candidate for this Decontamination Department Lead position will meet the following specification:
• Have completed a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Decontamination or a recognised equivalent in addition to recognised Endoscopy Decontamination and professional management qualifications
• A registered member of the Institute for Decontamination Sciences
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in decontamination, with experience in SSD/Endoscopy decontamination, conducting audits, ISO 13485 and Medical Devices Directive
• Possess Equipment and Medical Devices Competences
• Able to provide technical advice and expertise on decontamination matters and monitor the performance of decontamination equipment
• Able to implement the National Decontamination Training Programme in conjunction with staff training and development plans, including completing staff competencies in infection control, Health and Safety, COSSH
This is a full-time role with a 37.5 hour working week on days. A competitive salary is available, which depending on experience ranges from £28,000 to £40,000 per annum plus a fantastic staff benefits package.
If you are interested and would like more information about this role or any other clinical vacancies in the private healthcare sector throughout Greater London and The Home Counties, please call Siobhan Wieremiej at SYK Recruitment Specialists now on Apply.
To apply now, please submit your CV through the link provided.
Please visit SYK Recruitment Specialist’s website for a national vacancy list to find nursing or management opportunities in the health and social care sector near you.
- £ 28000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Sep 2017
Closes 11 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Sterile services