Consultant in Acute Medicine
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, EnglandVibrant Coastal location
State of the Art facilities
Good career development (incl. CESR where applicable)
The post-holder will provide 8.5 sessions of Direct Clinical Care and 1.5 sessions are available for Supportive Programmed Activities.
There is no on-call commitment.
About the Post
The post holder will join a team of Acute Medicine Consultants:
- Supporting the delivery of patient care within the AMS in line with national standards and Care Quality Commission requirements.
- Have clinical and administrative responsibility for the effective running of the assessment unit and AECU.
- Provide strong clinical leadership to the assessment unit and AECU and support/ run the morning report and handover meetings.
- Promote a friendly and team based working environment – in line with our Trust Values.
- Be part of a seamless team responsible for providing care to medical patients being admitted as an emergency in ED, the Assessment Unit and AECU.
- Liaise closely with ED, medical and critical care, in-patient teams and primary and community services
- Actively participate in clinical audit and quality improvement initiatives.
- Appoint and supervise junior medical staff.
- Train and help to develop nursing and junior medical staff and students
- Agree and ensure clear processes for handover and specialty triage from the Acute Medical Service.
- Develop and continually improve clinical guidelines, community protocols and best practice for the management of a wide range of acute medical presentations and admissions, including further development of Ambulatory Care Pathways.
- Full GMC Registration
- MBBS or equivalent
- MRCP or equivalent
- Consultant level experience
- Evidence of service improvement experience
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent networking skills
- Understanding of current issues within Acute Medicine and future direction of specialty
- ALS or equivalent
- IT literacy
- Evidence of continual personal learning and development
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- £ 76001 - 102465 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 8 Sep 2017
Closes 6 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor