Croydon, London, Greater London, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Wards.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
* NVQ Level 3 / Care Certificate is.
* Experience of working with surgical patients in a hospital setting.
* Evidence of any professional development.
Duties of this role include:
* Always to work under the guidance of a named staff nurse and communicate effectively with that person and others.
* Meet patient's needs in personal hygiene and nutrition, assisting and encouraging those less able to help themselves.
* Undertake observations of temperature, pulse, respiratory rate and blood pressure as instructed by the staff nurse (RN) or at pre agreed times. Recognise the significance of patient observations and inform the RN immediately of any changes and deviations from the norm.
* Maintain high standards of patient care throughout the patient's journey, admission to discharge, utilising care pathways as appropriate.
* Undertake collection of specimens e.g. urine when required.
* To escort the patient to theatre once the RN has checked and countersigned all completed paperwork.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK's largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
- £ 15000 - 16575 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 31 Aug 2017
Closes 28 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant