Consultant Learning Disabilities Psychiatrist
Colchester, Essex, England
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a proven Consultant Psychiatrist to provide 6 months maternity cover for one of the UK's largest and well-respected specialist Adult Healthcare providers at their Colchester site. My client's great reputation for providing exceptional standards of care and has been shown through their consistent outcomes with both service users and governing bodies. The hospital has a fully equipped activity centre both on and off-site so that opportunities for rehabilitation are maximised. Positive Behaviour Support and Active Support models are embedded in what they do, to ensure all patients have a voice and are supported in the way that suits their needs best.
* Responsible for patients with mild to moderate Learning Disability and other comorbid metal disorders
* Clinical supervision of middle grade doctors
* Contributing to Clinical Governance meetings
* Working with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team supporting the therapy plans
* Auditing the medical services rendered at the hospitals
* Maintenance and monitoring of standards of care set out by the GMC and the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
* Effectively streamlining and managing admissions and discharges
* Liaising with local GP and general hospitals to address and manage inpatients' health most effectively
Qualifications and Experience:
* MRCPsych or equivalent
* Full General Medical Council registration
* Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent.
* Experience of working in Learning Disabilities at a Senior level
* Excellent communication skills
?As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.?
- £ 140000 - 140000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 30 Aug 2017
Closes 29 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Psychiatry