Locum High Intensity Therapist
Waltham Forest, London, Greater London, England
Locum band 7 High Intensity Therapist required in North East London close to the Essex border.
Start: As soon as possible.
Hours: Up to full time, part time may be considered.
Contract: 3 months initially with a possible extension.
1. To be responsible for the comprehensive psychological assessment of clients referred into the service and accepted onto the post holder's case- load.
2. To formulate treatment plans, based on sound and current theoretical knowledge and good practice, following a thorough and specialist assessment.
3. To advise other team members on the suitability of various assessment methods and treatment interventions where appropriate and within the post holder's fields of expertise.
4. To undertake complex neuropsychological assessments, where indicated, to assist with the formulation of presenting problems.
5. To be responsible for carrying out therapeutic interventions with a variety of clients and using a range of specialist therapeutic interventions as appropriate, with particular emphasis on advanced CBT approaches.
6. To evaluate the effectiveness of such interventions using proven and established means.
7. To see clients for individual, couple, family or group therapy, as judged appropriate from the available evidence.
8. To plan the course and length of the treatment programme, in consultation with the client and in accordance with national guidelines for IAPT.
9. To plan and prioritise own workload, while working within the above guidelines.
10. Where the post holder is the only staff member involved with a client, to take responsibility for coordinating aspects of that client's treatment plan.
11. To contribute to case reviews and case discussions as appropriate.
- £ 1 - 2 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 18 Aug 2017
Closes 17 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Psychology