Specialist Clinical Pharmacist
London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Located in the heart of London's esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 126 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a hybrid theatre to enable complex vascular surgery, a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, life assurance, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions (on completion of probation period), annual salary review and help to balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year. You'll also benefit from our flexible benefits scheme where you can sign up to other benefits, such as dental insurance, cycle scheme and discounted gym memberships. You will also receive regular training and coaching to support and develop you in your position.
The post holder will be a key member of the Pharmacy Team assisting in the provision and development of a comprehensive, high standard, safe and efficient pharmacy service which consistently meet the needs of all service users within the Princess Grace Hospital.
They will also assist in providing an outpatient Pharmacy and dispensary service.
Salary between £43,801 and £49,901 (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a clinical pharmaceutical service to patients on assigned wards, including prescription monitoring, provision of drug information, medication histories and patient counselling.
- Participate in discharge planning, patient counselling and patient medication reviews.
- Ensure that legal and local guidelines are being adhered to in prescribing, supply and administration of medication
- Liaise with medical and nursing staff to provide correct information on administration of drugs
- Maintain a supply of prescribed medication to inpatients
- Note any discharge medications and to organise their dispensing
- Ensure security and correct storage of medicines, including IV fluids throughout the hospital
- Ensure the safe use of patient's own drugs.
- Ensure where possible, the safe self administration of medication by patients
- Be pro-active in updating the ward stock requirements
- Ensure any medication errors identified are reported via the hospital error reporting system
- Participate in education and training of nursing, medical and pharmacy staff.
- Assist in writing protocols and procedures.
- Participate in pharmaceutical aspects of clinical audit.
- Participate in the rotation through the Pharmacy Oncology Service if required
- Assist with dispensing of medication for both in and outpatients
- Provide final checks for all dispensed items
- Report any dispensing errors according to local policy
- Counsel patients on correct usage and storage of their medication
- Provide or supervise an over the counter retail service to staff and the general public
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained
Skills & Experience
- Good spoken and written English
- BPharm/ MPharm Degree
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Registration with the RPS is desirable
- Postgraduate Certificate/ Diploma is desirable
- Additional specialist training/knowledge as appropriate
About The Individual
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work and influence within all levels in the hospital. You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure and have a flexible, can-do attitude.
- £ 43801 - 49901 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Aug 2017
Closes 8 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacist