Locum Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care (PICU)
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England10 Programmed Activities (PA) post based within Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine.
Applicants for this post must have extensive experience in general medical, surgical (including neonatal), cardiac and neurosurgical paediatric intensive care. This post is to cover a vacancy and it is anticipated that there will be a substantive post available within the next 12 months.
Duties will be based in PICU to provide direct clinical care.
The successful candidates will join the team providing 24-hour cover for PICU. They will work as part of the consultant team and provide rota cover for the unit. Consultant cover is provided on site from 08:00 until 22:00 seven days a week with on call cover out of these hours and the job plan reflects this.
The appointee will be involved in the development of clinical guidelines in conjunction with the other consultants.
The on-call commitment will be 1:8 with prospective cover.
- Full GMC Registration with a licence to practice
- MRCPCH/FRCA or equivalent
- Completion of all competencies in Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine (minimum of 2 years) in a unit approved for training
- Existing Practising Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine
- Research experience
- Teaching skills and experience
- Ability to supervise the clinical work of doctors in training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to relate to patients and carers from a wide range of backgrounds and to empathise with their needs and concerns.
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- £ 76761 - 103490 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 10 Aug 2017
Closes 7 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor