Londonderry, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Xander Hendrix Healthcare are recruiting a Pharmacy Technician, Band 4 on a permanent basis, for one of our client NHS Trusts based in Northern Ireland.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To dispense prescriptions and issue medicines, under the supervision of the pharmacist
• To undertake technical duties in the Dispensary / Distribution Section including extemporaneous preparations, ward returns, checking full packs and ensuring effective stock control
• To participate in the dispensing of medicines for clinical trials
• To undertake technical duties within Pharmacy stores
• To dispense controlled drugs to meet all legal and departmental requirements including daily stock control
• To ensure all daily stock checks are maintained
• To provide a Technical Pharmacy Service to a designated ward and provide cover for other wards as required.
• To lead the technical service for an individual ward.
• To liaise with Primary Healthcare professionals to ensure accurate medication histories are compiled on admission and all relevant information is transmitted at discharge in accordance with Trust Policy
• If qualified before June 2009, B-TEC National Certificate in Pharmacy Services (or equivalent)
• If qualified after June 2009, BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Services (or equivalent)
• NVQ L3 in Pharmacy Services (or equivalent)
All applicants must also have:18 months’ experience working at least 14 hours per week in a pharmacy under the supervision, direction or guidance of a pharmacist.
Candidates should have full registration and a licence to practice or be eligible for registration.
The hospital Trust will sponsor Tier 2 Visas and relocation assistance is available.
If you are interested in learning more, please email us with your current CV and contact details and we will call you to discuss the opportunity in further detail.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified, Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 10 Aug 2017
Closes 10 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacy technician