London, Greater London, EnglandAbout The Facility
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in London and the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient specialties reflect this providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health. The hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008.
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Hospital Controller will ensure the smooth running of the Finance function at the Harley Street Clinic, the Portland Hospital and all allied facilities; to support the Senior Management Team including the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Nursing Officer; to meet business objectives. In addition, the Hospital Controller will provide leadership and management to the staff within this function.
Working hours, Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruitment and selection of finance staff with CFO
- To ensure staff development is encouraged, promoting a learning environment
- To undertake regular staff appraisals
- To review and ensure accuracy of month end Hospital results.
- To review and supervise preparation of Monthly Operating Review packs including preparation of analysis and commentary for CFO review.
- Review of all volume reports to provide an overview for CFO, VP of Operations and CEO of the top line performance looking at in month but also year to date and trends.
- Contribution margin reporting on procedures and specialities to help drive the focus for volume growth.
- Health Informatics reporting support to HSC/Portland.
- To support the internal managers, CFO, VP of financial operations and CEO in the preparation of financial feasibilities, business cases and all financial aspects of the preparation for new services and procedures.
- To be responsible for all aspects of joint ventures and providing one to one financial support for the management of each joint venture, including preparation of documentation for all board meetings.
- To provide Heads of Department (HOD) education on financial awareness and interpretation of the reports provided.
- Taking the lead for the volume piece of the budget process, analysing trends, and produce the volume forecast and budget for review by CFO, VP of operations and CEO.
- To take a lead role in managing the budget process for the Hospital, assisting the CFO where necessary.
- Liaise and assist both internal and external auditors
- To take lead on monitoring of workforce planning across the hospital including the integrity of reported worked hours
- To assist CFO in sign-off of monthly balance sheet reconciliation including Fixed Asset reconciliations
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level would be advantageous
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Experience gained in a senior finance role with a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Experience of managing and leading a team, driving results and promoting their development
About The Individual
You will be detail oriented and have the ability to build and motivate a team of professionals with excellent interpersonal skills; good presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to learn diverse bodies of knowledge relating to department management. You will be able to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 9 Aug 2017
Closes 6 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Health care administration