Junior Clinical Fellow doctor in Urology - Lancashire
Lancaster, Lancashire, EnglandJunior Clinical Fellow doctor in Urology – Lancashire
A fantastic opportunity has come up for a Junior Clinical Fellow role in Urology in a large Teaching Hospital in Lancashire, one of the highest performing Trusts in the North West. The Trust is well placed, about an hour out from Manchester, and a couple of hours on the train to London. The Town boast heritage and a beautiful countryside backdrop.
The post is initially for 12 months with a view to extend. The post offers training in all aspects of core, endoscopic open and laparoscopic urological surgery.
Main duties include:
- Operating sessions will be determined by the individual’s experience with both supervised inpatient and day case lists allowing training in endoscopic, laparoscopic and open pelvic and renal surgery.
- This post is currently part of the 1 in 6 on-call rota at Registrar level covering 2 of the hospitals.
- Audit and research activities, participation in teaching and training activities for medical and clinical staff is expected.
- Assessment of ward referral providing support during periods of absence by the Consultants.
- Weekly programme will typically include 2 clinics, 3 inpatient lists, 1 flexible cystoscopy/TRUS list and MDTs.
- GMC registration
- MRCS or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-year experience in Urology at CT2 / Registrar level
- Completion of Basic/Core surgical training rotation
- Excellent English Skills
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship is available
- Able to relocate in next 1-3 months
The pay scale for this role is within NHS guidelines for a middle grade doctor at Registrar level which is £30,605 - £40,491 dependent on your years of experience. Banding at 40% or 50% will be added on top to increase salary.
Contact the team on +44 (0)Applyor hit ‘apply’ to submit your CV.
- £ 30605 - 40491 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Aug 2017
Closes 6 Sep 2017
Ref: 481 (JCFUROLOGY)
This job was posted to: Doctor