Senior 2 Physiotherapist - FTC
London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior 2 Physiotherapist (Band 6 equivalent) to join our Physiotherapy department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE). The service covers a 46-bedded Rehabilitation Unit and a Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness Unit which both have an established interdisciplinary team approach.
The Senior 2 Physiotherapist post offers an excellent range of rotations between impatient neurological rehabilitation, prolonged disorders of consciousness unit and neurology outpatients.
* Job Type: Full-Time; Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
* Hours: 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday; 9am - 5:15pm) plus on-call Rota when required.
* Salary: Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package.
* Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension,
private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
Carry out accurate physiotherapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex neurological
* Implement clear, clinically reasoned and appropriate individualised treatment plans/programs which are regularly reviewed
* Provide physiotherapy intervention where there may be barriers to understanding such as foreign language or due to
speech/hearing/visual impairment, cognitive/perceptual difficulties.
* Provide clinical supervision to more junior members of staff, ensuring that therapy assistants are competent in the
provision of exercise programs you have requested be carried out.
* When working on the emergency on call Rota as an autonomous practitioner, undertake the assessment and treatment of
acutely ill patients with respiratory problems and provide advice to medical and nursing staff and other members of the
multidisciplinary team regarding patient's respiratory status.
* To be actively involved in education, evidence based practice and audit projects for the development of the physiotherapy
Skills & Experience
* Health and Care Professions Council Physiotherapy registration.
* Physiotherapy degree qualification or equivalent.
* Clinical experience in neurology and Respiratory including tracheostomy management.
* Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of approaches to the management of neurological patients.
* Demonstrable problem solving and clinical reasoning ability.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with people in clinical and non-clinical areas from a variety of
backgrounds and skill mix.
* Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
About The Individual
As part of this team, you can expect world-class facilities, comprehensive support and development opportunities throughout your career with The Wellington.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details. We look forward to meeting you!
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Aug 2017
Closes 6 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy