Senior Occupational Therapist
Esher, Surrey, England
Senior Adults Occupational Therapist - Esher, Surrey - £39,270 - Permanent, Full Time
About the Team:
* Surrey County Council Adult Social Care provide a professional service to adults, their families and carers living in Surrey in line with the requirements of the Care Act.
* Each of the 11 localities teams has occupational therapists embedded within them, dedicated to promote wellbeing and working collaboratively between social workers, nurses and others.
About the role:
* As a senior member of the team, you will have an influence on the future development of the service.
* You'll bring the reablement ethos to life, leading holistic assessments of social care needs and planning support across a dedicated caseload.
* In all that you do, you'll promote independence, choice and control. You will take every opportunity to support and develop those around you. Working closely with families and carers, you'll play a vital role in supporting people from diverse backgrounds, with a wide range of needs.
Requirements for the Role:
* You'll need to be a professionally qualified and registered OT with proven, excellent, supervisory skills and a proactive, person-centred approach to your work.
* A substantial contemporary post-registration track record, including routine experience of complex casework and risk assessment, is crucial.
* Knowledge of social care policy and legislation is essential, as is a background in working directly with people with variable, unstable or challenging social care needs.
* The ability to get the best out of others and work collaboratively with partner agencies is equally important, and you must have outstanding assessment skills.
* You will need to have competent IT skills and be able and willing to learn to use a variety of software systems.
If you meet the requirements for this role, and are interested in joining and contributing to this hardworking Social Care team, who will support you and continue your development, then please apply today.
- £ 39270 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 8 Aug 2017
Closes 5 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist