Specialist Physiotherapist Band 7 - RAF Honington
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Physiotherapist Band 7
Ministry of Defence - RAF Honington (Bury St Edmunds)
Hours required: 37.5 (Monday - Friday)
Contract length: Ongoing
A locum is required to deliver specialist muscular-skeletal/sports and training injury rehabilitation. To provide independent assessment, treatment and management of complex caseload of patients. To act as Clinical Specialist within Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) clinics. To act as clinical physiotherapy lead for specialist area of work e.g. sports and training injuries, biomechanics; training other staff in specialist area. To perform highly skilled physiotherapeutic assessment of patients referred by Consultants and Medical Officers (MO) with diverse presentations and complex and chronic physical and psychological conditions and sports and training injuries. To use clinical reasoning skills to provide an accurate clinical diagnosis and request investigations such as x-rays and scans. To use the results of investigations to assist clinical diagnosis and appropriate management of patients referring to other medical and health care professionals as appropriate. To assess, develop and implement physiotherapy treatment for specialist caseload, and to provide advice in specialist field. To communicate effectively with patients to ensure informed consent for treatment, good understanding of their conditions and maximise their rehabilitation potential accepting that patients may have a barrier to communication e.g. minor brain injury, English as their second language. To adhere to processes to enable high standards of recording, filing and storage of patient and statistical information are achieved and maintained in accordance with local policy and Code of Specialist Physiotherapists (CSP) standards.
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience
- Must be a Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (MCSP).
- Must be Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered.
- Must have worked as clinical specialist in the assessment and treatment of muscular-skeletal disorders, sports injuries, orthopaedic conditions, mobilisation and manipulation.
- Must have a Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy.
- Must have a minimum of four years post graduate clinical experience in musculoskeletal disorders have previously held a position as a Lead Specialist Physiotherapist Band 7 or equivalent.
- Must be able to provide evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Military Medical Personnel specialises in recruiting healthcare professionals for Army, Navy & RAF bases throughout the UK & overseas.
- £ 27.00 - 30.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 4 Aug 2017
Closes 1 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy