Supervising Pharmacist - Galway City
Cpl Healthcare in association with our client are currently seeking an experienced Supervising Pharmacist to work in a busy community pharmacy in Galway City.
This opportunity will be offered on an initial 6 month contract and successful applicants are expected to work 40 hours per week.
The candidate will oversee, and be responsible for the professional, clinical, ethical and financial running of the pharmacy business in line with company and industry regulations. The role is not exhaustive and many opportunities for progression exist.
- Dispensing to, and advising patients on POM and P medicines
- Overseeing the management of OTC stock control and merchandising
- Execution of the dispensary business plan
- Assisting in group healthcare and retail events
- Fully compliant with legal and ethical requirements
- Day to day management of the dispensary and store, for example verifying, sending claims, stock control, paperwork, opening and closing of the store etc.
- Management of dispensary communications
- To partake in staff training events
- Ensuring standards of exceptional Customer Service are consistently met by the team
- Managing and motivating the team
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control
- Analysing sales figures and reporting to head office and senior management
- Analysing and Interpreting trends to facilitate planning
- Dealing with various staffing issues including performance reviews and feedback sessions, as well as training and development
- Organising and managing in-store promotions and events
- Communicating with the team and your colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail and pharmacy industries, understanding and implementing forthcoming group initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
- Initiating changes to improve the business alongside senior managers
- Seeking to increase customer satisfaction and sales at all times
Applicants must be degree qualified and a "Registered Pharmacist" with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland, or be eligible to register with the PSI immediately
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a busy pharmacy environment, preferably with experience of the schemes in the Republic of Ireland
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with excellent people skills, confidence and excellent clinical knowledge
- The successful candidate must have previous people management experience and display excellent decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- Must have the ability to be acutely aware of customer needs while being also being a commercial thinker, with the ability to balance being a healthcare professional while being mindful of the business aims
- The successful candidate will have a key focus on customer service and developing the customer base
- A highly organised individual who has the ability to work under pressurised circumstances
- A professional who takes their work very seriously and continuously strives for perfection and who is eager to surpass all expectations
- Someone who is positive, committed, loyal and an excellent communicator
The ideal candidate will have previous pharmacy experience in a busy pharmacy environment, preferably with experience of the schemes in the Republic of Ireland.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 3 Aug 2017
Closes 31 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Pharmacy technician