NHS Ambulance - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Emergency medical technicians are the backbone of on-scene emergency medical care. ID Medical is looking for technicians with at least 6 months experience working with the NHS or in a military medical role.
Working in an emergency ambulance environment, you will be expected to work autonomously, making your own clinical decisions, within your own remit, as well as to assist paramedics and senior emergency medical practitioners as required.
Successful applicants will:
- Have completed the IHCD award
- Have a minimum of 6 months NHS experience or experience as military medical personnel
- Be able to convey a calm, reassuring manner to patients in high stress situations
- Be able to efficiently follow instructions from paramedics
Great communication skills are key to this role.
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical:
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, our award-winning team at ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
- £ 8 - 10 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 3 Aug 2017
Closes 31 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Paramedic