Clinical Services Manager - Physiotherapy
Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England
BMI Highfield Hospital in Rochdale is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager - Physiotherapy to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced candidate who is interested in working with multidisciplinary teams to continuously improve the patient pathways and optimise recovery and patient outcomes.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Chartered Physiotherapist.
* Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
* Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
* Knowledge of Human Resource policies & tools including interviewing, conducting performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes e.g. disciplinary
* Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
* Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Able to energise, shape and direct a team to maximise motivation.
* Adept at communicating financial information.
* Produces robust investment / budgetary documentation.
* Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
* Good financial awareness and control.
Duties of this role include:
* To be responsible for the management and daily running of the physiotherapy department. To co-ordinate and manage the provision of physiotherapy services, providing clinical direction and leadership for the physiotherapy department.
* Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
* Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
* Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
* Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
* Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
* To manage the delivery of care as lead on clinical safety, ensuring safe provision of staffing that meets activity by workforce planning, monthly rostering and daily review.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 2 Aug 2017
Closes 30 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy