Maidstone, Kent, England
Our client based in Maidstone are currently looking for a Cardiac Physiologist or Senior Cardiac Physiologist.
The successful candidate will be absolutely patient focused, with a desire and proven ability to inspire and lead others to deliver healthcare at its best.
A strong and empathetic physiologist who is able to gain the trust and support of their team, lead and implement change and engage with stakeholders at all levels.
Key Job Accountabilities/activities:
* Contribute to the Strategic clinical development, in conjunction with Matron, Cardiorespiratory lead and Consultant Cardiologists.
* Be responsible for the delivery of excellent patient and visitor care, ensuring consistently high standards of patient experience, interaction and communication and the delivery of a high standard of clinical care.
* Contribute to the provision of both inpatient and outpatient services and for the cardiac interventional suite.
* Ensure the patient experience and well -being remains at the heart of the business
* To support the cardiorespiratory lead in managing the day to day delivery of services in the cardiorespiratory department,
* Liaise with the Consultant cardiologists in the provision of cardiac investigations available and supporting the day to operational support required in the cardiac interventional suite.
* In conjunction with the cardiorespiratory lead and as required review the allocation of staff within cardiorespiratory to cover outpatient diagnostic tests and inpatient requirements, also supporting the cardiac interventional suite with the provision of cardiac physiologists for procedures such as pacing, angiography, PCI, electrophysiological studies. On a daily basis, adjusting the workforce to reflect activity and patient need.
* Work with the Patient Accounts department in the communications with insurance companies
* Ensure that own professional development is maintained and enhanced
* Input and assist with the clear clinical leadership for all clinical governance functions.
Support the team in ensuring the hospital remains compliant, meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements and the requirements of the Care Quality Commission and MHRA and other regulatory bodies.
* Ensure appropriate systems are in place for monitoring and reporting on clinical, professional and regulatory compliance, including NICE and NCEPOD, HRUK compliance, BICSIS, in line with clients policies and standards.
Develop and implement policies and procedures/protocols in cardiorespiratory in line with national guidance and contribute to organisation wide polices/procedures where appropriate, with regular monitoring of performance and audit quarterly
Professional experience / qualifications
* Trained physiologist - Degree level or equivalent
* Extensive post-registration clinical experience (min.2-5years) within cardiorespiratory
* Experience of working in a cardiac catheter lab assisting with temporary and permanent pacing, angiogram, electrophysiological studies, PCI
* Significant knowledge of clinical governance and its application
* Evidence of continuous professional development and its application
* Proven ability to diffuse and solve challenging incidents.
* Enthusiastic and passionate.
* BSC accreditation for echocardiogram
* Holter monitor and blood pressure monitoring analysis
* Experience of exercise testing, assisting with stress echocardiograms and tilt testing
* Mentorship training and qualification
* Productivity management
* Practical experience of change management
* Demonstrable knowledge of current clinical developments relevant to the role
Additional Key Attributes
* Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
* Patient orientated with a focus on continuous service improvement
* Energetic, achievement focused and willing to work hard under pressure
* Strong team building skills with a collaborative approach to achieving goals
* Demonstrate ability to build credibility with key stakeholders including senior management , Consultants and other external bodies
* Demonstrate ability to build working partnerships with Consultants within the values of this clinician led organisation.
To find out more regarding this role please contact Grace on Applyor email Apply
Team 24 - Apply Online is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- £ 32000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 2 Aug 2017
Closes 23 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Physiology