Collections and Customer Services Officer
Prestatyn, Denbighshire (Sir Ddinbych), Wales
About The Facility
International renowned HCA Healthcare UK, London's largest private healthcare providers is actively recruiting for a Collections Customer Services Officer to be based in Prestatyn, North Wales.
HCA Healthcare is London's largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
The Collections Customer Services Officer will be required to deal with patient calls into the HCA Customer Service helpline and to process patient statements on a daily basis. The role will also be responsible for following up on insured patient debt.
This is a full time opportunity for 12 months offering a competitive salary package of £15,800 - £16,000 dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To answer patients calls in a professional and courteous manner
- To process card payments via the Barclays ePDQ online payment gateway
- To refer problematic accounts to the Special Collections Team Leader for further action.
- To respond to patients queries within the set time period of 48 hrs.
- To review and process daily patient statements
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills - Telephone, Email and Letter Writing
- Computer literacy
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Medical Insurance contracts and agreements
- Basic understanding of medical classifications and terminology
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be well organised and will need to demonstrate an understanding of insurance contracts and their application in practice. Demonstrating the ability to identify and resolve missing or inconsistent charges and correct any billing errors or discrepancies will be essential to the success of this role. As this is a senior role, it will require some previous experience of mentoring or leading a team.
- £ 15800 - 16000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
Posted 2 Aug 2017
Closes 23 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Health care administration