Director of Rehabilitation Unit (The Wellington Hospital)
London, Greater London, England
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
We have an exciting executive management opportunity for a Director of Rehabilitation to join The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE). We are the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provide comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmed to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability (to patients aged 18 and over).
The Director of Rehabilitation will provide executive leadership for the Rehabilitation service and will manage a significant group of individuals (Circa 130 staff) across different functions including, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech & Language as well as Neuro Rehab Nursing wards.
- Job Type: Full-Time; permanent post.
- Hours: 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday)
- Salary: £90K - £105K plus annual management bonus scheme (25%) and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead executive in Rehabilitation for relationship management with medical staff, supporting their practice with sound management advice and direction.
- Provide input as a member of the Executive Team comprising CEO, Deputy CEO, CNO, CFO, CHRO and Director of Outpatient services.
- Contribution to the overall success and profitability of the hospital through revenue development and effective cost management, including routine margin management.
- Accountable for defining and delivering the quality agenda with all areas of Rehabilitation and maintaining external accreditation throughout the service line.
- Facilitate the development of trusting relationships and partnerships with physicians, payers, patients, co-workers and with medical directors.
- Accountable for the P+L for all designated services. Maximising revenue streams and the development of revenue generating initiatives through new product development and extension of existing service lines.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience working at senior/middle management level in Rehabilitation.
- Qualified professional from an AHP discipline, e.g Physiotherapy, OT etc.
- Previous operational management experience with exceptional people management skills across a diverse range of functions.
- Educated to DMS, Degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of financial and management accounts.
- Generate positive attitudes in others and apply constructive direction and leadership.
- Ability to carefully analyse a problem and apply an effective solution as well as displaying enthusiasm to achieve what is required.
- Risk adverse individual who can make things happen.
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 240 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
- £ 90000 - 105000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 1 Aug 2017
Closes 29 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist, Physiotherapy, Speech therapy